“We eat real food-fresh, natural food, like meat, vegetables, and fruit. We choose foods that are nutrient-dense, with lots of natural occurring vitamins and minerals, over foods that have more calories but less nutrition. And food qualities important -we are careful about where I meat, seafood, and eggs come from, and we buy organic local produce as often as possible.
This is not a “diet”- we eat as much as we need to maintain strength, energy and a healthy body weight. We aim for well-balanced nutrition, so we eat both plants and animals. We get all the carbohydrates we need from vegetables and fruit, while healthy fats like avocado, coconut, and olive oil provide us with another excellent source of energy.
Eating like this allows us to maintain a healthy metabolism and keeps our immune system in balance. It’s good for body composition, energy levels, sleep quality, mood, attention span, and quality of life. It helps eliminate sugar cravings and reestablishes a healthy relationship with food. It also works to minimize our risk for most lifestyle-related diseases and conditions, like diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke, and autoimmune conditions.”
Paleo/ Caveman diet makes the ABC PLEASE CLICK ON THE YOU TUBE ICON IN TEHE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THIS VIDEO TO VIEW ON YOUTUBE.
Paleo Part 1
Paleo Part 2
Nutrition part 1 with Nicole
Nutrition part 2
- CrossFit Journal Article 15: Nutrition
- CrossFit Journal Article 21: Meal Plans
- It Starts with Food- Dallas & Melissa Hartwig
- Gary Taubes: Good Calories, Bad Calories
- William Dufty: Sugar Blues
- Uffe Ravnskov: The Cholesterol Myths
- Loren Cordain: The Paleo Diet*
- Loren Cordain: The Paleo Diet for Athletes*
- Michael R. Eades: Protein Power
- Robb Wolf: The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet*
- Gary Taubes: Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It (Borzoi Books)
- Barry Sears: Enter The Zone*
- Barry Sears: Mastering the Zone
- Barry Sears: Zone Perfect Meals in Minutes