Dear CFS Athletes,
Any athlete can start the Whole 30 challenge at any time. The 30 day nutritional challenge is called The Whole30. Please read below on why nutrition is vital in your success to a healthy life style!
What is the Whole30®?
Certain food groups (like sugar, grains, dairy and legumes) could be having a negative impact on your health and fitness without you even realizing it. Are your energy levels inconsistent or non-existent? Do you have aches and pains that can’t be explained by over-use or injury? Are you having a hard time losing weight no matter how hard you try? Do you have some sort of condition (like skin issues, digestive ailments, seasonal allergies or fertility issues) that medication hasn’t helped? These symptoms may be directly related to the foods you eat – even the “healthy” stuff. So how do you know if (and how) these foods are affecting you?
Strip them from your diet completely. Cut out all the psychologically unhealthy, hormone-unbalancing, gut-disrupting, inflammatory food groups for a full 30 days. Let your body heal and recover from whatever effects those foods may be causing. Push the “reset” button with your metabolism, systemic inflammation, and the downstream effects of the food choices you’ve been making. Learn once and for all how the foods you’ve been eating are actually affecting your day to day life, and your long term health. The most important reason to keep reading?
This will change your life. We cannot possibly put enough emphasis on this simple fact – the next 30 days will change your life. It will change the way you think about food. It will change your tastes. It will change your habits and your cravings. It could, quite possibly, change the emotional relationship you have with food, and with your body. It has the potential to change the way you eat for the rest of your life. We know this because we did it, and tens of thousands of people have done it since, and it changed our lives (and their lives) in a very permanent fashion. (Need convincing? Just read some of our stunning testimonials.)
- Step 1 Sign up for the Whole30 Daily. https://daily.whole9life.com/signups/new This will help keep you on track for the 30 days. This is a must for success and support.
- Step 2 Refer to your Whole 9 Nutrition Guide. If you do not have a guide book for the password protected page please click here.
- Step 3 Read The Whole30 Program pages 1-13 located in the back of your Whole9 Guide. This will explain all the rules and help answer questions you may have.
- Step 4 Take a before picture of yourself
- Step 5 Please keep a daily journal of your experiences throughout the 30 days.
- Step 6 At the end of the 30 days please hand in a short essay about your experience. This essay will also determine tie breakers for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placeJ (The prize is bragging rights and good health!)
- Step 7 Take an after picture of yourself.
- Step 8 Have fun!
Here is how it works:
The point system is very simple, for a clean day you get 1 point, anything else is 0. We will be tracking points on a chart in the box. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.) If you have any questions or concerns, first read the Nutrition Guide cover to cover, then contact us anytime. Have fun!
Additional Guidelines for Whole 30 Challenge:
- Fuel for Fire will be allowed pre and post WOD.
- SFH(Whey protein)& ITP(egg white protein) will be allowed Post WOD.
- Sweet potato in moderation post WOD.
- Under 20 min WOD half a sweet potato, over 20min a whole sweet potato.
MUST READ!!!!!!!! CLICK for PDF: guide-to-clean-eating-challenges