Dear CFS Athletes,
We are excited about our nutrition program “The Whole 9″
We have affiliated with the company “The Whole 9″ because we believe it answers all the questions you have posed to us over the last year and a half. We will be having 30 day challenges (that is where the “Whole 30” comes in). We wanted to give all athletes, including all the newbies coming out of Foundations, a chance to take in all the information at a slow pace. Some of you may jump right into the reading and maybe even embrace the nutritional changes immediately. Not only will CFS have “Whole 30” challenges but we suspect many of you will buddy up and try or continue your own 30 days. Our CFS nutrition challenges and experience has allowed us to grow and see that your success in CrossFit and your overall health is hugely dependent upon nutrition.
We strongly recommend you get and read the 90 page Nutrition Guide that the Whole 9 create for CFS. It not only includes the information from their book “It Starts with Food”, available via the website, but also has shopping lists, recipes, and the format and outline to the Whole 30 challenge. The CFS Whole 9 Nutrition Guide is available in the CFS store. Simply see a coach on duty. You will not find this information on a website. The founders of the whole 9 can be discovered at the website: click here also in drop down menu of our nutrition link.
CFS coaching staff
- Challenge starts on Monday, January 7th and goes through Tuesday, Feb 5th SIGN UP HERE
- The challenge is FREE. There will be no tangible prizes etc..
- There will NOT be a bench mark WOD. We suggest you choose your own benchmark based on your goals. For example, CrossFit Total or Fran. You can perform these at Open Box or use a wod you attend.
- The short version for the Whole 30 challenge is in the back of the Nutrition Guide. This will give you all the information you need to be successful. Please see a coach to get a guide book.
- Point system is very simple, for a clean day you get 1 point, anything else is 0.
- We are allowing post nutrition protein and sweet potato this time around for those who are concerned about dropping too much weight and or training for the CrossFit Games and Opens.
- We WILL be tracking points on a chart in the box
- You can post your questions and experience to this post. There will be continual comments that will remain on this page for the entire 30 days and beyond. We encourage you to share your success and struggles throughout the month. This will help our community stay connected and create a support system that that will be vital to everyone’s success. You can also share recipes.
- Whether you take part in our designated 30 days or not we URGE you all to take on The Whole 30 challenge with the support of fellow athletes or family at a time that works for you. Simply post when and who plans to take part and the results and challenges.
- You can also post pictures to these comments. We encourage you to take them.
- If you have any questions or concerns, first read the Nutrition Guide cover to cover, then contact us anytime.
- Have fun