Happy 2017! The New Year brings with it the prospect to improve ourselves and create good habits, including how we eat. We have heard from many of you that you need to “reign it in” or “clean up my eating.” Here is your chance. Debra Termine and Kathi Hothem are coordinating a new challenge for the CFS community. Starting on Sunday, January 15th through Monday, February 13th we are offering you an opportunity to clean it up with a partner! The challenge is simple and focuses on nutrition. During these 30 days, your goal is to eat healthy foods you are probably already eating like beef, chicken, fish, fruits and vegetables as well as healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, seeds and nuts. We want to avoid entirely, added sugar, dairy, alcohol, grains (mostly…we will get to that later) and processed foods. Will it be difficult to break habits of grabbing what is quick and easy? Absolutely! But remember, this is a challenge and it is only for 30 days. Thirty days to incorporate good nutritional practices which will in-turn create better habits and an overall better you.
This challenge is FREE. A 100% commitment to making better food choices for 30 days is the cost – you can’t put a price tag on good nutrition!
How will the challenge work:
- Find a partner. If you need help finding someone email Debra or Kathi and they will help match you up with a partner. Exchange numbers and emails, share recipes and even cook meals for each other. The possibilities are endless.
- Keep a food journal. Writing down what you eat helps you take a critical look at your food habits, help you understand how certain foods make you feel and will contribute to healthy changes. Start today before the challenge begins.
- No weigh-in. This is not a weight-loss challenge. It is for anyone looking for positive changes in their performance, energy levels, and overall well-being.
- Our community will be based in a private Facebook group. Send your email address to Debra at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know whether or not you have a FB page and who your partner is going to be. Before the challenge begins you will be invited to our private FB group. This will be our community during the challenge. Additionally, this is where you will post your points at the end of each day. We will be posting recipes, awesome tips for success and much, much more.
- You will start each day with three points. One point for nutrition; one point for water (half your bodyweight in ounces); one point for fish oil. If either partner fails to have 21 points per week the following must be completed at the end of each week:
- Week 1 – 25 Burpees per partner
- Week 2 – 1 Mile run per partner
- Week 3 – 50 Ab-mat sit-ups and 50 squats per partner
- Week 4 – 50 Calorie bike and 50 calorie row per partner
- You are permitted rice or steel cut/old fashioned rolled oats with no added flavors or sugars on workout days only. Amounts vary per individual. A good place to start is with the standard serving size on the package. As we get into the challenge we will address serving size in terms of activity, individual needs and how carbohydrates are metabolized.
- You are permitted pre/post workout shakes and Fuel For Fire within an hour of working out.
- No alcohol including red wine and tequila!
Are you ready to eat some delicious food and reap all the benefits of good nutrition? 3,2,1 GO!
If you have any questions please email Debra at email@example.com or Kathi at firstname.lastname@example.org.